Currently we are struggling to complete our first sensor targeting the dairy sector – and perhaps you are the missing link? The market is keen on the business idea. Now we need to execute.
We are a team consisting of an experienced CEO, an electrochemical specialist and project manager, an electro/system engineer, a nanotech engineer and a student assistant in the lab.
We are therefore on the outlook for a biochemical specialist for a new biosensor technology in this newly created position.
As a specialist within biosensors, you will be a part of the technical development and implementation of our solution, which will include work within the following areas:
- Initially, part of the R&D team, focusing on completing the first sensor
- Plan and execute laboratory tests within protein synthesis, bacterial expressions, receptor functionality tests and implementation of biochemistry into biosensors. We expect you will enjoy spending a considerable part of your time in the lab.
- Fabrication and characterization of prototype sensors
You will report to CEO Torsten Freltoft.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: PhD or Post.Doc. or equivalent
- Experience with elements such as: bacterial expression, receptor biology, protein chemistry, biosensors, microfluidics, enzymes
- Knowledge of techniques such as: CAD Design, ELISA
- Thrive in a collaborative environment with other experts
- Excellent language skills in English both orally and written (application notes, white papers, etc.). Language skills in Danish will be preferred.
- Hands-on, independent team player that is persistent and innovative
WHAT WE OFFER
- An agile methodology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You will receive training on-site – and also get the opportunity to realize own ideas and see them put to use
- We prefer a flat organizational structure without top-down management and bureaucracy
- Competitive salary, pension, social activities, etc.
Start date: as soon as possible.
FURTHER INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Birgit O’Sullivan M 5122 1979 or email@example.com.
To submit your application, send your CV & motivated application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your private e-mail and mark your application: ”Biochemical Specialist”.
PlastiSens is a spin-out from DTU Nanotech with a patent-pending sensor technology. By combining sensor technology with an acute need for handheld sensors detecting antibiotics, PlastiSens is developing a robust tool, initially targeting the dairy sector. The sensor solutions may in the future be applied for a number of other applications in the food or veterinary sector.
PlastiSens has five employees and collaborates with external players. The company has received seed funding from Capnova and the project is backed by EU Horizon 2020 funding.